Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mom Squad: Too Much Gaming?

This Wednesday was my first actual segment on Your Life A to Z's Mom Squad. The topic- video games and electronic entertainment... has it gone too far?

I know that Im probably still ahead of the bend in the road whereby children inevitably succumb to the digital under toe, but right now electronics do us no harm. Zoe and Rocket will sometimes play with their innotab, vsmile, or with my kindle or ipod- but I can't recall a time they ever spent more than 15 minutes gaming before moving on to the next activity. Right at this moment, as I sit at my desk working away, they are playing "Super Babies vs. Ninja Turtles" together.

Suzy, one of my fellow Squadders, has trouble with her older kids playing too much and staying up all night.
Janet didn't allow her kids to have video games at all growing up.

What do you guys think?

It was a lot of fun to be at the studio again, in the fancy room with the kitchen and the adorable Italian chef. I'm looking forward to the next taping on the 25th. No idea what the topic will be but I'll be sure to let you know!

Here's the video of our introductory appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment