Friday, December 16, 2011

New Years Eve 2011- The Top Chef Challenge

This year's Extravaganza is going to be one for the record books.

Does everyone else watch food based reality television as much as I do? Top Chef, Chopped, Iron Chef- love it. Maybe because I have no, seriously, NO talent in the kitchen...  it gives me an overwhelming respect for those that do.
Open a box, theres an octopus, three avocados and a shoe lace- make a holiday meal in under 20 minutes.
I may lack the skill to be the one cooking up Octo-Guac and Shoe Lace Suvlaki- but I absolutely have the talent required to put those MORE talented to the test!

This year we selected a caterer that I knew would be up to any Mystery- Box style challenge I laid on him- 
The objective? I want a meal that celebrates the idea that our NCT New Years Eve Extravaganza will be happening in 3 different cities across the country and represents each city in a delicious and appropriate way. I want many options for our guests so that they can sample each dish or hone in on one they love and eat their fill. I want a Vegan (and by default Vegetarian ) option. Oh, and I want it to be approachable to picky eaters.

What Ken Stewart came up with is a masterpiece that would surely melt padma lakshmi's face off.
Phoenix, San Diego and New York will each be represented by 2-3 classic dishes from that city including- and this is just a teaser-  tastes of the sea shore and the south west, chicken and beef and sea food dishes and more!

Tickets are really going fast, make reservations today online!
And dont forget to call and request seating preferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment